Who Can Volunteer?
- 7th – 12th graders (station assistants, group leaders). Service hours for honor societies, Confirmation requirements, etc. are available.
- Adults 19 and older who are Virtus Compliance. Half price registration for all children pre-school-6th grade with a maximum registration cost of $40 per family. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide babysitting for children under 4, however, you are welcome to have your babies/toddlers accompany you at your position.
Below is a Listing of Volunteer Needs. If you are interested in stepping up for a volunteer leadership position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Station “Leaders” take responsibility for providing the lesson/activity (Crafts, Games, Music, Faith) for each Rotation. There are 5 25- minute rotations each day (Tuesday-Friday). Leaders will have student assistants assigned to them to help with delivering the lesson. Lesson plans will be provided and can be adapted.
Group leaders are students and adults who chaperone the groups from Station to Station. They will assist as needed for program, but main responsibility is group management.
Snack Leader, Faith in Action Leader and Assembly Leader and their Assistants are needed for the entire community.
ADULTS MAY SERVE IN ALL ROLES. STUDENTS 7TH-12TH GRADE MAY SERVE AS GROUP LEADERS OR STATION ASSISTANTS. TEENS MAY ALSO SERVE AS MUSIC LEADERS — A DVD PROJECTED ON A LARGE SCREEN WILL AID IN TEACHING THE SONGS AND DANCES.
Parents of St. Timothy Catholic School families receive credit for volunteering at VBS Camp.
- Four Half-Days – (Time Commitment) Adult volunteers must be present for each day (T-F) of Vacation Bible School from 8:45 am – 12:00 pm. If you are unavailable for all four days, perhaps we can partner you with someone for a job share.
- VIRTUS – Arlington Diocese’s Volunteer Requirements for Adults 19 and older.
All adult volunteers working with youth in the Catholic Diocese of Arlington MUST maintain compliance with the Diocesan’s Office of Child Protection and Safety.
The Office of Child Protection is now offering the ability to apply online. https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/child-protection/
- Attend the VIRTUS training “Protecting GOD’s Children” (approximately 4 hours). Register at VIRTUS® Online for class.
- Please note, the background check and clearance process takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
Program Director: Denise Masiello, DRE ● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org